Project Manager Grade 4
We have secured several new client engagements and are investing heavily to grow our teams. We are looking for a talented Project Manager, with in-depth experience of delivering successful projects, for our customers.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverable’s fall within the applicable scope and budget. Coordinating with internal departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, then this is the environment for you.
The Project Manager manages key client projects.
- Oversee all aspects of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget to required quality
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as required
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management assessments and actively manage / escalate risks to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Actively develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as staff members
- Create presentations and present to senior stakeholders e.g. project kick-offs, lessons learned, etc.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven working experience in IT project management, minimum 5 years’ Familiarity with MS Project and other project management tools
- Detailed understanding of software delivery stages and activities
- Experience with process improvement and process automation projects
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II/Agile certification is a plus
This is a Grade 4 role and you will be expected to exhibit the following behaviours & capabilities.
- Business Focused – We understand that everything we do has to be aligned to business goals and our success is measured in pounds and pence.
- Leadership – We understand that leadership is not a job title but a state of mind.
- Empathy – We work hard to understand the needs and motives of clients, colleagues and suppliers – striving for shared success.
- Determination – Change is demanding. We realise have to dig deep to endure challenges and overcome obstacles.
- Direct communication – We talk clearly & succinctly, & are never afraid to give or receive direct feedback.
- Agility – We don’t strive for perfection, we strive for better.
- Professionalism – We plan our work understanding & mitigating risks & impacts. We don’t repeat mistakes.
- Ownership – We take personal accountability, using our initiative and trying new things.