Robotic Lead Consultant Grade 4
We work with global brands on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects, using industry-leading tools and technology. Our teams are comprised of business design and technology specialists, who work in tandem to deliver extraordinary client benefits for both enterprise and SME businesses. We love what we do, and work hard to deliver outstanding solutions for our clients.
T-Impact staff are engaged as thought leaders, supporting Digital Transformation projects for legal, banking, health care, and retail clients. and responsible for:
- Developing Cognitive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence solutions.
- Delivering Digital Innovation projects, a service layer comprised of technologies such as Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Process Automation
- Optimising Business Performance using our proprietary operational management and control solutions
We have secured several new client engagements and are investing heavily to grow our teams. We are looking for a talented Robotic Lead Consultant with in-depth experience of the developing robotic solutions for our customers.
- Ensure all delivery projects adhere to the T-Impact delivery method. Ensure all development staff use T-Impact tools and controls correctly.
- Ensure all development projects are developed to maximise supportability
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Work closely with the customers, business analysts and Developers on issues related to design and requirements
- Ensure development standards, development templates, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high quality software. Ensure all engineers within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create solutions that deliver committed customer benefits
- Work closely with peers in the business to full understand the business process to be automated and requirements.
- Support rapid growth of T-Impact’s Robotics practice, working closely with Head of Delivery to identify, hire and develop additional team members
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in specifying software solutions for business needs
- Ensure that all software developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Ensure all projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the customer while ensuring all changes are tracked, controlled and approved
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems
- Manage support team until such time that the team justifies a full time support manager
- Perform 3rd line support as required
- Hands on RPA Development and incident resolution, to support during work peaks and staff shortages
- Contribute to customer presales meetings and project scoping work shops
- Participate in consulting assignments, advising customers on Centre of Excellence design and Technology best practice
Line Manager Aspects of the Role
- Lead a team of software Engineers in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives
- Supervise, train and guide team members
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviours into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Work with the wider team to support further initiatives including Recruitment of new employees into yours and other teams within T-Impact.
- Be a champion for your area within T-Impact and for customers
4+ years leading Software solutions design, development & deployment – with overall responsibility for technical quality and project success
Able to demonstrate knowledge of techniques used to ensure good quality software is developed by the team. Understands the techniques used to reduce support costs & improve maintainability of code.
Able to conceptualize, plan and build software to solve complex problems
6+ years of professional programming experience, at least 2 years in .net environment. Able to write complex code & possessing a thorough understanding of databases, application services, integration and application lifecycle development
Significant experience implementing methods and tools for application lifecycle development.
Experience managing large-scale projects & teams of developers, including both onshore and offshore staff
Experience hiring, managing and disciplining developers
Strong communication skills. Able to simplify and concisely convey complex ideas
Ability to demonstrate experience deploying software solutions in complex operational environments
Experience in Business Analysis & process analysis/improvement highly desirable
This is a Grade 4 role and you will be expected to exhibit the following behaviours & capabilities.
This is a Senior (Grade 4) role. You will be expected to exhibit the T-Impact values and lead by example:
- Business Focused – We understand that everything we do has to be aligned to business goals and our success is measured in pounds and pence.
- Leadership – We understand that leadership is not a job title but a state of mind.
- Empathy – We work hard to understand the needs and motives of clients, colleagues and suppliers – striving for shared success.
- Determination – Change is demanding. We realise have to dig deep to endure challenges and overcome obstacles.
- Direct communication – We talk clearly & succinctly, & are never afraid to give or receive direct feedback.
- Agility – We don’t strive for perfection, we strive for better.
- Professionalism – We plan our work understanding & mitigating risks & impacts. We don’t repeat mistakes.
- Ownership – We take personal accountability, using our initiative and trying new things.